Friday 8 May 2015

Sweet Filthy Boy: Christina Lauren



Blurb: 

One-night stands are supposed to be with someone convenient, or wickedly persuasive, or regrettable. They aren't supposed to be with someone like him.

But after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out, Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume, her sweet, filthy fling to France for the summer, and just play.

When feelings begin to develop behind the provocative roles they take on, and their temporary masquerade adventures begin to feel real, Mia will have to decide if she belongs in the life she left because it was all wrong, or in the strange new one that seems worlds away.

Review: 4.5 Stars

I try to make notes on aspects of a book that stick with me, so that I remember to incorporate the thought into a blog post.  All I wrote for this book, after the first main sex scene (i.e., the morning after) was : holy hotness.  From them on, I was too consumed by the read to make notes for myself.  Well, I may have noted some French translations that I never managed to pick up in my French classes.

Cristina Lauren are becoming some of my favourite authors.  I've enjoyed both the Beautiful Bastard and Wild Seasons Series.  I love the banter they bring to each relationship and the diversity of male characters.  Considering both series, I think I'm a Sweet Filthy girl.  Ansel shows that being sweet and filthy is a great combination.  I love that he is trying to do what is right and even though the circumstance is fairly awkward, both MCs have great chemistry.

Although the relationships across their books vary, there is a similar rhythm in many of them. One aspect of this is the point in the book where the MCs separate because of the behaviour of one or both of the people involved.  I like that the authors make the characters work for reconciliation.  I also appreciate it when the reason for the division is not black or white in term of whether the behaviour was a deal beaker in the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment