Monday 25 May 2015

Here's to Falling: Christine Zolendz


Blurb:

Every girl has that one guy…that one guy who steals her heart and never gives it back.

We were all friends…until we weren’t.
We depended on each other…until we couldn’t.
We were in love…until we were ripped apart.
We moved on…even when we didn’t want to let go.

This is our love story.

Review: 4 Stars

Not an easy read by any means.  Most of the first quarter of Charlie's life epitomized the expression "kick them when they're down."  This book is inspired by real events and although it is not entirely clear which parts are fictional, there are a couple of heartbreaking "boom" moments that will stick with me well after I have moved on to other books. 
You taught me to be strong before I ever knew there were things in this world you needed strength for.
I think I need some light reading to recover from this one.

The author does an excellent job of weaving past and present along with dual POV.  I can't say I was thrilled with the time jump in the epilogue.  Selfishly, I feel like I earned a bit of present day love, rather than 50+ years in the future.  But, the character development was strong and there is no doubt about the connection between the MCs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment