Saturday 25 April 2015

Spark: Erin Noelle



Blurb: 

I’m failing. 

My younger brother is getting worse, and my job - my duty - is to help him at all costs. We’ve tried everything modern medicine has to offer and nothing works. 

Nothing. 

Deciding to turn to unconventional treatments, we end up at Fire-on-the-Mountain, a holistic resort deep in the Rockies. 

In our search for medical marijuana, I find beautiful, free-spirited Hudson Shavell - a girl who may not only hold the key to heal my brother, but to fix me as well. Even though I can’t afford distractions right now, she’s all I can think about. All that I want. 

It’s funny how everything can change with one little SPARK.

Review: 4.5 Stars

I try to not read too many reviews before getting into a book.  If I know I want to read a book, I don't want to be tempted by spoilers or biased by others' options.  As a result, I was not prepared for this one.  I spent part of the book steeling myself for what might come, the next part breathing to avoid breaking down and then taking deep breathes to try to find my happy place again.

After seeing acquaintances have their lives turned upside down by untreatable epilepsy and related symptoms, I am completely in favour of trying medical marijuana.  I hope this book helps to shed some light on the topic.

The author did a very good job of making me feel connected to the characters.  At times, I could imagine myself sitting at the dinner table with the family, experiencing everything along side of Hudson and Crew.  I loved them as a couple, but wanted to pummel them at times too.

Looking forward to the next books in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment